Let’s take a look at some of the most effective, tried-and-true ways of helping your shiny new website live up to its potential:
- Accuracy matters: A new website isn’t worth much if the information it contains is old or inaccurate. It’s critical that your contact information, branding, services and products are all updated. Incorrect information can quickly turn off website visitors and have them looking elsewhere.
- Keep it fresh: Creating fresh content on your site helps drive traffic to you in a number of ways. Regularly posting new copy results improves your placement in search engines, increasing the odds searchers will land on your page. Publishing new blogs also gives your followers reasons to keep coming back to you, which goes a long way in building your perception as an authority in your industry.
- Seek search engine optimization (SEO) success: Think about it – how often do you search for something, scroll to the bottom of the search results and hit “next” at the bottom of the page? Neither does anyone else, let alone scroll to the bottom of the page. Having a strong SEO plan in place will help put you at or near the top of the first page of results for commonly searched-for terms in your industry – which increases the number of ideal customers who land on your website.
- You’ve got email: Email marketing campaigns are effective ways of informing past customers or those who have signed up for emails of new promotions or products of interest to them. Link to your website or special landing pages highlighting these deals to help drive increased traffic your way. The best email campaigns turn potential customers into actual customers, while causing one-time customers to become longtime devotees of your brand.
- Be social: What websites are you on every day? What websites are you maybe even checking every hour of every day? That’s right – social media! Use this behavior to your advantage by linking new blogs and other fresh content on your social media pages. Quality content will get shared even more on social media, catching the eyes of even more potential customers.
Need help maximizing your website? Contact our experts at WebArt today to learn more about how we can help your site be more effective for your business.